Friday, 8 April 2011

New book by Bryan Poole and David Marks


A new book is out or soon to be out about Bryan Poole, my favourite artist and I am very excited about it. You can see a preview of it here.


I went to the SBA 'World of Plants' exhibition last night - bumped into Katherine Tyrrell which was nice and I await her news of the exhibition on her blog :) It is the first time I have been to an SBA exhibition and I was very impressed. It must have been a lot of work getting all those pictures up - so many of them, it was like a garden on paper downstairs in the Central Hall!


I think my favourite was everyone's favourite - 'Papaver, June Poppy' by Fiona Strickland - as I think it got the People's Award. However, I also really liked 'Decaying Magnolia Leaf (pencil) by Carolyn Worby and Rocco Amico's work was pretty outstanding... one to watch as I think he was an SBA student. It was also really lovely to see Diana Sutherland's work in the flesh - the pineapple was incredible and she really deserved the distinction that she was awarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment