Tuesday, 6 September 2011

A bit more done to Will, Winnie and Walter...

So I have managed to get a bit done this evening, a couple of hours, which is optimum for me. I have noticed I relatively get a lot more done in a couple of hours than in a day. I will do more on the leaves, but I want to get all the washes in first so I can get a sense of perspective. I think one has to be careful of 'knitting' their way across the page with botanical illustration. Doing things really accurately as you go along bit by bit, becuase the composiiotn can then be lost. One has to work on it as a whole, especially with something of this nature!

One other thing is I am trying to get bits of the water in now for the same reason. However I am trying to keep in mind that it is the plant that needs to be accurate - that's where my marks lie in the end.

No comments:

Post a comment