Monday, 3 December 2012

Close Encounters of the Third Kind


The Third Tulip Encounter (Tulipa sp.)

No aliens today... just studying that this little gem very closely... It's the third tulip and hence the wacky title. I have been concentrating on the bottom petal and the one on the right today - can you tell? I am quite pleased with her development so far. Lots of reflections though and the highlights are green and ultramarine and not white or grey or pink. Very interesting to look at this one so closely.

Off to the Linnean Society tonight for my offical signing. I am not sure what to expect really. I have got my friend Oxana coming with me tonight, and maybe some others if they can get there from work on time. I hope Oxana will be able to take a photograph is it's a real affair! I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment