Thursday, 4 September 2014

ESBA Annual Exhibition September 2014

The annual exhibition of the Edinburgh Botanical Art Society opens on the 5th September and will feature the work of 15 artists. Its well worth a visit as I've seen the work they do and it's spectacular. The Society was formed as an Alumni Association for the graduates of the Rotal Botanic Garden Edinburgh's botanical illustration course. 



I used to watch these students paint in the big old fashioned classroom when I was studying for my Masters in Botanical Taxonony. Its a great room and remibded me of something you might find in a Harry Potter film. Anyway, at the time I renenber being completely dumbfounded by their ability to paint something so beautiful and accurate. It was then when I first began to question my path as a botanist/scientist and wondered if I should be doing something similar... So if you are in the area why not pop in? Or make a weekend of it... Edinburgh's a super city.

The exhibition is at Gallery 17 on Sunday Street from Friday 5th to Sunday 14th and is open from 10am - 5pm daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment