Friday, 24 April 2015

Persephone

I should be getting on with commissions, but I needed a little light relief. Home alone this week, so I am working very long days to non-stop trance to whistle the time away. Plus I have been waiting for a parcel to arrive, which has made me rather house bound. I've missed my mid-day walks.

So this, along with my Propaganda Posters, is what I have been working on this week. This rather enormous piece isn't my usual it has to be said... but something I have wanted to do for a couple of months. It's a spin off from the exhibition we are holding here in Spain this summer (see below). The painting is not finished yet, but I need a break from it (as usual). Two 11 hour days have taken their toll. I might re-visit it towards the end of the week. Work for Kew is planned for this weekend and then hopefully this courier will arrive so I can finish this cotton job. Oh it's good to be busy. Then of course, there's Mork... the Artichoke... etc etc. There never seems to be enough time in the day, especially when you have a cat.

Pomegranate Work in Progress
'Persephone' a work in progress, Gouache, 841mm x 1189mm
Thinking of re-naming this 'No tits, No nostrils'...

Sense of scale

The Incredible Exploding Pomegranate


If you are an artist or a maker you might be interested in an exhibition I am organising with Roberta Gordon-Smith and Kitty Shepherd. We are still welcoming submissions to participate - the closing date is at the end of the month. If you are interested please follow the links below. We have Alexei Sayle, Andrew Birch, Gillian Singer and Peter Capaldi (Dr. Who) on the selection team so you will be in good company! There will be a van for UK artists, which will leave London at the end of the May. If you want to use the van, we will need a small contribution to fuel and the crossing. Please see our terms and conditions. 







No comments:

Post a Comment