Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Even Artichokes Have Hearts

Been keeping myself occupied with an Artichoke leaf this week after having a long weekend off with my best friend Bambi. It was really good to take some time out and I feel completely rejuvenated. Even went for a dip in the sea on Saturday! 

Dip in the sea - me flailing my arms about like a lunatic


Artichoke Leaf (Cynara cardunculus var. scolymus)
Artichoke Leaf (Cynara cardunculus var. scolymus) 
Titled:"¡¡Cuidado Veneno Peligroso!!- close up

Seriously enjoying this piece. I am enjoying it in the same way I enjoyed painting the Pineapple. I had hoped to get this completed for the RHS submission, but I don't think I will as I have just received another commission. Can't complain. I also have lots of source material in the nearby field, so that's not a problem either. I can revisit this one as at least they only cut the flower buds off.

Artichoke Leaf (Cynara cardunculus var. scolymus) 
Titled:"¡¡Cuidado Veneno Peligroso!!-  work in progress

Painting this one with just two brushes and not the usual five that I have on the go, which is probably why I am finding this piece so rewarding. It is intense, but on the eyes and not on the fingers. I might do a series of leaves like this one, just seeing how it goes first. It's all about getting the right leaf and this one is utterly fabulous. Let's hope I do it justice!

Artichoke Leaf (Cynara cardunculus var. scolymus) 
Titled:"¡¡Cuidado Veneno Peligroso!!"- on the board with Wilma

No comments:

Post a Comment