Tuesday 4 August 2015

What a fortnight

Posting appears to have slowed down again... There's been a lot going on behind the scenes. First of all I went on 'shut down' as I tried to locate a theme for the RHS show and then it got hot (42 degrees again) here, which rendered me useless. My computer Sandy also hates the heat, so I have been trying to avoid switching her on and typing. Then a load of work came in, and well, I have basically been busy in the studio trying to juggle too many balls. I have been working on commissions and the RHS at the same time, which to be honest, is really stupid, so I have put the RHS, my leaves and everything else to one side as I give the other work priority. Hence the recent plant hunt for a gooseberry, which many of you helped me with - thank you.

Yellow Loosestrife (Lysimachia vulgaris) - work in progress
First up has been the Yellow Loosestrife, which needless to say, is causing me some 'strife'. It's yellow for starters... not sure if any of you have noticed that I tend to stay away from that part of the spectrum..? Plus it has very difficult leaves - they aren't glossy and are also rather hairy which is very difficult to do as the leaves have a habit of looking rather 'flat'. Needless to say I am enjoying the challenge.

Yellow Loosestrife (Lysimachia vulgaris) - work in progress
Other news is that I will be in the UK for an extended trip while I paint a gooseberry and another two species.  I will also be amassing a large collection of sketches to take back to Spain for other projects, so I will be super, super busy. With all this work piling up I have just done my annual online watercolour and brush order which was eye wateringly 'spenny', but had to be done. So, posts might be weekly or fortnightly for the next couple of months while I work in top gear. Have a great summer everyone and if you are in the big smoke and want to meet up, just email Inky Leaves, I am always up for a cuppa and some cake (or a beer).

No comments:

Post a Comment