Friday, 15 May 2015

Chelsea Flower Show 2016

Inky Leaves at Chelsea Flower Show


In search of the latest cultivars, I will be visiting the Chelsea Flower Show on two days this year. With a rucksack packed with paints and brushes, I will attempt to capture the beauty of my favourite flowers in paint. On May 24th I will be working with Bloms Bulbs painting their stunning tulip collection and on May 26th, I will be taking a more adventurous route, facing the crowds and painting at random stands where possible. I am very much looking forward to trying out this spontaneous way of working for the first time. 

Also on show are a number of botanical artists with their own stands: Bryan Poole (botanical etcher), Linda Alexander (oil paints), Susan Entwistle (pointillist).


1 comment:

  1. Good to know about this Chelsea Flower Show 2016. Quite sure that this event was a huge success. I wish I could have also attended this event as love flowers a lot. I use fresh flowers for my home decorations and usually use NYC Flower Delivery services to send them to my loved ones.

    ReplyDelete